Back on the forum. Axi is ready to go into the tank

AxolotlChris

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Chris
Hi guys,

Not been on for a few months. Out of the 9 Axolotls I hatched I've kept one! Rest have been sold on. Cycling my tank at the moment, hoping to move Axi into the tank out of his big tub asap. He's big enough and growing quite fast being fed 2 times a day on Novolotl pellets, will get him on worms soon to benefit his nutrition and growth.

Will post updates of the progress and some better images

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Welcome back to the forum!
btw you have an awesome lookin axie

Thanks, he does look nice. parents are male Albino cross female Golden albino I think.. or perhaps the female was a melanoid.. Can't quite remember who fertilized the eggs now >.< think the egg was white initially

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 189
Pretty sure it was the Golden albino actually since this one has noticeable iridophores on the front of the gills

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back