Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Does my Axolotl look good / healthy?

mythicalord1

Reaction score
Hi guys I just wanted to know if to you guys my Axolotl aka Nero looks healthy, hes a juvenile that ive had for just about a week and a half and I think he looks healthy but I just want to get others opinion to see how he looks!

Btw ive noticed over the past couple days he will swim up a bit then let himself float back down is this a regular thing? and in his ornament I have that he likes to hide behind, he has been standing on his hind legs ontop of it. I was told by the breeder i got him from both of these are regular behaviors and not to worry, what do you guys think?

PS the breeder also said that he looks at a great size and all but im checking here just cause I always like to get a second opinion especially as a new Axie keeper!

Attachments

• Nero (Front Shot).jpg
    Nero (Front Shot).jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 321
  • Nero (Side Shot).jpg
    Nero (Side Shot).jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 259
  • Nero (Upward Shot).jpg
    Nero (Upward Shot).jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 196

Skudo09

Reaction score
He/she looks fine from the photos and the behaviour sounds normal to me. As a guide, you want to aim for their belly to be the same width as the width of their head so you can decrease, maintain or increase your feedings to adjust as necessary. Also, keep on top of water quality as axolotls are sensitive to poor water quality. Test the water regularly (at least once a week in a cycled tank and more often if the tank is still cycling). :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!