Question: Plants

LionHart

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have three Axi's in a 200 ltr tank. I am wondering what type of live plants are best to introduce to my tank and if its a good idea at all?

I have three Axi's in a 200 ltr tank. I am wondering what type of live plants are best to introduce to my tank and if its a good idea at all?

egeria densa, java moss, java fern, anubias, hydrocotyle, cardamine lyrata, eleocharis vivipara, microsorum pteropus, fontinalis, shinnersia rivularis, ceratophyllum demersum, myriophyllum and a lot of other plants

Plants play a role within the Nitrogen cycle, so they are beneficial in that sense, They are also great for Axolotls to hide between creating great coverage, you can design your tank with your plants and create a great atmosphere within your tank. ;)

Just bare in mind that certain plants will require lights for them to grow well. So research your plants decide what your interested in and check what they require to grow!

Thanks guys ill look into it!! ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back