Hellooo from Idahoo!! :)

gabtron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there,

My name's Gabby and I've had my new Axolotl babies for about a week and a half now. I've been looking into them for about a year or so and finally took the plunge. It's been totally rewarding so far-I could watch them for hours. :p

I'm happy to be able to join a forum with noobs and vets alike to help me and share the experience as I go!

My babies are Kona, 2" melanoid, and Kai, 3" leucistic, and their personalities are already very apparent. Unfortunately, my breeder didn't separate his babies soon enough, so we're working on growing back limbs and gills, but growth is progressing much quicker than anticipated, so no complaints there! ;)

Attachments

• Kai.jpg
    Kai.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Kona.jpg
    Kona.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 121
  • The Digs.jpg
    The Digs.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 118
Welcome! i have a question: do you have an aquarium heater in your tank? if yes take it out, axolotl need cold temperature :wacko:

Thank you! But no, no heater :p They are sitting at a comfy 64 degrees. :D

Hello and nice to meet you! Your babies are beautiful!!! I am the same way in researching before investing. still finding some tricks my little lotls have up their sleeves! :ufo:They are very rewarding critters.

Hello and nice to meet you! Your babies are beautiful!!! I am the same way in researching before investing. still finding some tricks my little lotls have up their sleeves! :ufo:They are very rewarding critters.
Thank you :) They really are rewarding- and surprisingly intelligent :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back