Moving eggs

Ronwel1

Reaction score
Country
United States
So it's confirmed... my oldest boy is not a boy at all. Fairly obvious since she's now laid eggs all over the tank. I have read that they should be separated, but how? She has placed them in small groups all over the place, attached mainly to the leaves of plants. How can I move them without damaging them?

It can be quite tough since they are attached so well you can find yourself tearing the eggs while removing them. I usually pinch the leaves and slide my fingers down them pulling the eggs off, or just pinch at the base of where a group of eggs are attached and pull them off.

It would be nice not to damage any of them but its not so simple unfortunately.

Thanks chris. Pretty much what I thought. I'm thinking about removing the plants entirely to another tank...

Depends if the plants are fake or not. Moving to another tank would work so you don't have to damage any eggs. But then depending on how much you take out of your tank you could affect the bacteria that has colonized those plants/ornaments.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back