Names for my name Axie

JordynG45

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just ordered an axolotl from a breeder and I'm impatiently waiting for him/her to get here. I still don't know what to name my new buddy yet though, I was thinking charlie but I would like more options so I have something to choose from. Does any one have any name suggestions?

Jordyn

Re: Names for my new Axie

I just ordered an axolotl from a breeder and I'm impatiently waiting for him/her to get here. I still don't know what to name my new buddy yet though, I was thinking charlie but I would like more options so I have something to choose from. Does any one have any name suggestions?

Jordyn

I just realized I messed up the title of this post. I tried to fix it but I don't know how. I've only been a member for a day and a half.

Hey, we chose characters from movies we liked, Keyser Soze ( Usual Suspects ) and Sherlock ( Holmes ! )

Some like to comment on the fact that axolotls are wonders of evolution - Darwin is a popular name!

Another favourite is to name them after dragons or mythical creatures - I will admit to being the proud Mum of a 'Toothless,' but I have seen many Smaugs and even a Mushu!

Some people like to use a Mexican name to honour their place of origin - my Jack came to me as a 'Pablo!'

I also like the idea of naming them after something you like, as that doesn't tend to go far wrong.

Some names are based on colour - for example, a Golden Albino called 'Mint' or 'Nugget.'

I've also known some to come about as the result of an experience or personality - one member here called one of his axxies 'Tank' after it survived a few days in its parents' tank at only a few days old. I myself have an axxie called 'Pig,' although I must partially credit 'Home' for that.

Some names are random. I have one axolotl who was named 'Galaxy' when I got her, and she gradually morphed to Gally. Why? I've no idea. It just seemed right.

I've also known some to name their axolotls using an axolotl-similar name, such as Axel.

You will know when you get your axxie what to call them. You might try a few names and one will stick. Just be warned that it might be best not to get your heart set on a gender-set name - your Margie might well morph into Michael overnight!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back