New Axolotl Hobbyist

Nanner

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Hannah
Hello everyone on the caudata forum! My name is Hannah and I just brought home my first axolotl today. He's actually a rescue so I will be seeking healthcare advice in other areas of the site.

A little about me:
  • Born and raised in Indiana.
  • I am known for rescuing and keeping all sorts of animals.
  • Currently a second semester sophomore majoring in English and minoring in Equine Science.
  • I plan on becoming an equine massage therapist and writing for some kind of pet, livestock, or horse association magazine in the future.
  • I have experience with reptiles but my axolotl is my first amphibian.
  • I enjoy camping, hiking, bushcraft, and anything outdoorsy.
  • I would love to breed axolotls in the future.
  • Books :love:

I look forward to getting to know other hobbyist around the world and expanding my knowledge.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back