Photo: Axolotl Larve Colours

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
Peter Pan Pollywogs
Hey everyone!

I have a group of 15 growing larvae - I'm curious about the different opinions on their color. Let me know what you guys think I have here:

The father is a leucistic; the mother may be melanoid or albino. I assume she was the melanoid, as I have read albino parent eggs are white; these ones were black/brown.

These little larvae don't appear to be eating, as far as I can tell. A few of them are 3-4 days old now, and I have not observed them eating the bbs I have provided, nor the hard boiled egg yolk I tried on advise.

Attachments

• IMG_0699.jpg
    IMG_0699.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 770
  • IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_0705.jpg
    IMG_0705.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,524
There are two really pale colored ones; several speckled ones; and several dark ones.
Tell me what you think! ;)

Yes, looks like wilds, melanoids and a couple of albinos.

Can you really feed axie larvae on hard boiled egg if you're low on brine shrimp or water fleas?

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back