Illness/Sickness: Abused Tiger Salamander?

salamandersock

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've recently rescued a tiger salamander from an abusive pet shop. They were keeping the poor guy in an aquatic tank with a Red-Eared Slider. the water was disgusting and it has a fungal infection. any advice on keeping this guy would be great ( i have kept other salamanders and newts before) and the most efficient way to get rid of the infection would be much appreciated information. I'm writing a report on this pet shop and intend to turn in my documentation to animal services. (The shop is keeping 4-5 dogs in one cage, 20+ young Bearded dragons together in a 30 gal tank, dead, dehydrated Pacman Frogs among other atrocities.) Help on reporting this would be great as well! Thanks! 12483675_1658920931042917_652174947_n.jpg

Ah, thank you so much! I have read those indeed, a while before i decided to get an account here. i was quite invested in this place as a lurker. this is the enclosure i have for the guy when he's out of quarantine. (his tail has turtle bite marks on them as well.)12483917_1659036851031325_1439550125_n.jpg

I hope you'll have success with this guy.

Unfortunately, it's a bad signal for the pet shop you bought it from. The seller certainly thinks poor captive conditions, ill animals, is not a problem for his business.

You might want to think about reporting the pet store im sure your area will be covered by some animal welfare regulations

I intend to in the near future. I'm currently writing a report on the pet shop.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back