Hello From NC

pms214

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I'm originally from PA, now in NC. I'm interested in Eastern Newts. I had some as a child and I'm interested in getting into the hobby again. Many thanks for this great site.

Welcome to the forum! The best way to get Eastern newts is to get out there and collect a few yourself. Good luck!

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I don't know where I can legally collect here. Can you give me any suggestions as to how I may use this site to possibly connect with people who may breed them in North Carolina? Or maybe enthusiasts in NC have some suggestions as to where to collect. I know I will have to look in the mountains in the western part of the state, not the Piedmont. Other than that I don't know where to look. I know I can't in a State Park. I don't know any individual property owners in that area.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back