Photo: Interesting Colored Baby

Equus

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Emilys Axolots
I just wanted to share this baby I got out of about 200 eggs I hatched about a month ago. It has yellow gills and yellow on its body.You can follow the link to see more pictures on my Facebook page if you want. I just thought some of you may not be on Facebook pages and would want to see. I am excited to watch him/her grow!

12573042_808712949255813_986544697287494958_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.808712905922484.1073741834.454242748036170&type=1&l=8772a80f17

Not really into Axolotls, but that is an interesting color. Wonder what it'll look like fully grown

Are one of the parents gfp? Looked like a golden albino with some speckles but the eyes appear black correct? Second guess is a very pretty gfp lucy!

Are one of the parents gfp? Looked like a golden albino with some speckles but the eyes appear black correct? Second guess is a very pretty gfp lucy!

Wrong guess. Non GFP parents. Its eyes have black pupils and silver iris's.

12654521_809228072537634_4441960150941842601_n.jpg

Bette has some similar ones- just a few from a large clutch. I am looking forward to someone figuring out the genetics. Yours is adorable. :happy:

I think I am now leaning towards a possible golden non albino , should be easier to tell in a few months certainly.

Bette has some similar ones- just a few from a large clutch. I am looking forward to someone figuring out the genetics. Yours is adorable. :happy:

Yes, Bette showed me! Hers are a bit older and very beautiful. She thinks it's a non albino Gold. :) I certainly hope so.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back