Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Going away for two days

JordynG45

Reaction score
Hello!
This Friday and Saturday I will be spending the night with my sister at her house. I have one Axolotl and a Betta fish. I'm not worried about my Betta because they can fast for short periods of time (3 days max I think) I'm concerned on my Axolotl.

I will do a water change and feed my axie but can he go without food for two days? My axie is 5 months old I was thinking I could feed like half a cube or bloodworms and a earthworm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JordynG45

Reaction score
Feed more that usual so that he is full longer?

AxolotlChris

Reaction score
Not so simple to lower the tanks water as a one off. Just feed a couple earth worms and he will be absolutely fine. Juveniles eat a lot more than an adult more frequently but your Axolotl will survive with no issue since it's only 2 days you have nothing to worry about

JordynG45

Reaction score
Not so simple to lower the tanks water as a one off. Just feed a couple earth worms and he will be absolutely fine. Juveniles eat a lot more than an adult more frequently but your Axolotl will survive with no issue since it's only 2 days you have nothing to worry about

Alright, thank you for the help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!