Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

So cute!

MistyMeadow3

Reaction score
So my axie Toby has been kinda grumpy lately, and I've been paying little attention to him having been busy the last few days. last night i put my hand in to feed him and he kept biting me rather violently over and over, but i stuck with it and fed him pellets by hand until he didn't want any more. Then he sat in my hand and pressed his head on my thumb, then laid his head on my fingers, then pressed his head against my thumb again and let my pet his face. it was so so sweet. i just had to tell you guys! i feel bad for not giving him much attention.

axolodemia

Banned
Reaction score
So my axie Toby has been kinda grumpy lately, and I've been paying little attention to him having been busy the last few days. last night i put my hand in to feed him and he kept biting me rather violently over and over, but i stuck with it and fed him pellets by hand until he didn't want any more. Then he sat in my hand and pressed his head on my thumb, then laid his head on my fingers, then pressed his head against my thumb again and let my pet his face. it was so so sweet. i just had to tell you guys! i feel bad for not giving him much attention.

sounds almost like their mating ritual. they'll nudge each other's cloacas or heads with their own heads and try to either climb on or under the other. your thumb probably looks like the head of another axolotl to him! as for the biting, your fingers look like worms too! try feeding him live worms, seems like he's craving them.

while it can be nice to pet them, especially when they're being cute, your hands have oils that aren't good for your gilled friend, so keep touching to a minimum.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!