Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Weird white mark on head?

mushutheaxie

Reaction score
Ok I've had mushu for about 4 months now and everything so far has been perfect. he started out with issues growing his gills because as a baby he lived in a tank where they were all nipped off by fellow axies... but other than that no issues!

this is probably nothing either but i just HAVE to make sure.

I noticed this weird white mark on his head today. it's not raised up or anything. any ideas?

DSC_0656.jpg

DSC_0652.jpg

mushutheaxie

Reaction score
Gills looking ok??

Also while I'm here do his gills look ok??? sometimes i see little lumps on them and I don't know if its just his gills or something that isn't supposed to be there.

heres a pic of what i'm talking about. can't tell if they're growing gills or if they aren't supposed to be there

e.jpg

Kilolotlkeeper

Reaction score
The gills look extremely healthy to me... Others may bed to differ wait for a second opinion. the white spot could just be a fungus watch it and if it gets bigger start looking up salt baths. Most likely it will go away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LSuzuki

Reaction score
If the white mark isn't fuzzy, it isn't fungus. I'm not sure what the white mark is, but I don't think it is anything serious. If it starts to increase in size, post more pictures.

I'm not sure what that is on the gill - can you post more pictures?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!