New Axolotl Enthusiast here!!

CaptainAxolotl

Reaction score
Country
United States
New to the scene but as soon as I found out you could have these little buggers as pets I've been researching them non stop!!! In the process of setting up a tank. If anyone knows somewhere around the east coast to purchase these awesome guys let me know!!

I am from new york. Student. Major bio and minor in chem. I've worked with them before but I've never owned one. Didn't even know you could until a week ago so with that said I am a beginner and juveniles are preferred. I've got a wonderful 20 gal long tank. Any helpful tips to buying and looking for them is hugely appreciated. I tried to post on a woman's forum earlier but it said I needed to make some posts elsewhere before I can go on there x) thank you

Welcome to the forum!

You can purchase Axolotls from reputable members of this forum. Take a look in the For Sale sub forum: For Sale, Give-Away or Trade - FS: USA at Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Portal

There are plenty of care sheets and other information on Axolotls available:
Axolotls: The Fascinating Mexican Axolotl and the Tiger Salamander
Caudata Culture Axolotl Articles
Axolotl Sanctuary

All the above sites are affiliated with this forum.

You can find thousands of threads/posts on this forum with first hand experiences of keepers.
Use the search feature to find information your interested in: Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Forum - Search Forums

Bette Aquarius (Lady Aquarius on here, Aquarius Axolotls on Facebook) is awesome for acquiring axolotls, and she's on the East Coast! She's got juveniles available and lots of helpful advice to go along with them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back