Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello from Ottawa, Canada

jchabot

Reaction score
Hi there,
I am new to the forum. I just got my first two axolotls a few days ago. They are both leucistics that are about 2.5" from Kyanna at ALot'l Axolotls in Mississauga. I have been lurking around this forum for quite some time before I got my axies and there was so much great information! Thank you all so much for asking great questions and giving such awesome answers!!! I learned so much and was able to set everything up and cycle my tank before my my axies arrived, which saved me so much trouble!

You all are great!!:happy::happy::happy:

CocoaAndTea

Reaction score
Welcome! Would love to see some pics, what are their names?

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

jchabot

Reaction score
Here are the pics of them from when i got them in March! They are names Aristotle and Socrates :happy:

Attachments

• 20160302_170215015_iOS.jpg
    20160302_170215015_iOS.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 20160302_200929204_iOS.jpg
    20160302_200929204_iOS.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 20160302_201250924_iOS.jpg
    20160302_201250924_iOS.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 109
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1