Hello I am Lorrie from Kentucky.

Lhagan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am new to this site but not new to amphibians. I studied a tiger salamanders breeding pond for 10'years till the coal mine destroyed it. I have had just about everything possible. I am looking forward to interaction with people who have the same interest as I do.
I live in a very rural area and I have a couple of amphibian ponds I have made in my yard. I enjoying seeing what different types of frogs use them.
I have multiple sclerosis And can't do much anymore but I still enjoy nature.
Thank you Caudata.org for having me.

Hello! Welcome to the forum. It is very sad to see man destroy the very homes if animals that have been there long before. I understand what you feel with not being able to do much because of health problems. I have many myself. How is the weather in Kentucky? Do you have any pets? My tiger salamander was supposed to arrive today but due to fedex being backed up the guy couldn't even ship it :/

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Would love to know how you made those ponds, personally been wanting to make an axolotl pond!!! A bit out of the box but hey ? welcome to the site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Lorrie,

Welcome to the forum. I'm also new here.
What sort of frogs do you have in your ponds? What other animals visit the ponds?
I have a very soft spot for frogs. I do not have any as pets, but last summer as I was working in my garden I found a frog near the hedge, so put him at the bottom of the hedge to make sure he didn't get into any trouble whilst I was working. A little later I looked for the frog, found him, and also found £10 next to him. He's my lucky/magic frog. ;)
I told the people in work and they asked if I tried to give him a kiss to see if he turned into Prince Charming :blush:. I explained that I'd prefer to have a frog that lived in the hedge and occasionally gave me cash than any Prince Charming.:p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back