Axolotl and bubble wand

bonitalucille

Reaction score
Country
United States
My speckled leucistic axolotl keeps going up to the bubble wand and sucking/kissing at it then running away and doing this often. I got the bubble wand because she kept going to the surface for air. I think she likes the bubble wand but am afraid she will get air in her stomach from doing this..am i crazy and everything is fine?

Axolotls love bubbles. She will be fine, but by bubble wand do you mean air stone? Post pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol okay thanks

Attachments

• 20160312_205424.jpg
    20160312_205424.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 380
  • 20160312_205521.jpg
    20160312_205521.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 276
Oh yea lol, the bubbles moving around kind of act as food stimuli, that why she nips at them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better safe than sorry, but in this case you're perfectly safe :) sometimes they'll take a big gulp of air on purpose so that they can float around for fun. They can handle it, maybe with a big burp if nothing else. I don't know about all axolotls, but mine really like the bubbler. They play in it pretty often.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back