How to get my Axie to change foods?

Chevybabe1961

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Missy
Heya All, I've recently gotten a second male Axie, he's doing well and eating just fine for me. My question is this. How do I get him to switch from bloodworms to earthworms? He'll take a tiny chunk of earth worm, and sometimes a second chunk, but I have yet to convince him to eat an entire worm. So now I'm worried that he's not getting enough food. He gladly gulps down bloodworms, but since his tankmate's eating earthworms I'd just like to get them both on the same diet. Also the bloodworms make a mess. He's also a bit bigger then his tankmate. How do I get him to switch? :confused:

Attachments

• 12792357_10206044463133945_913007337918893147_o.jpg
    12792357_10206044463133945_913007337918893147_o.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 128
Don't feed him anything but earthworms, and he will usually start eating earth worms. It is so hard to harden your heart when they look at you with the "food for me?" eyes, though.

I'm such a sucker for that look! Thanks for the help! I appreciate it :)

If you wanted to, you could mix in something else slowly, but if he likes worms, then worms it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back