Trying to breed

bubbas5kids

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok can anyone help me please I am trying to breed my male albino axolotl with my female for almost a month now and nothing is happening. The water temperature is at 60 degrees and they get feed twice a day can anyone help me figure out what is going wrong I did put another female in with them too see if that would excite him. Please help

Are you sure they're both mature?
You can try a large water change, then leave them alone in a dark area of your house for a couple days.

You can't force them! Assuming you're confident you have a make and a female, and they are both over 18 months old, a clean tank and good food is all you can do.

Perhaps he just doesn't fancy her?

Well I kept them in our bedroom for a month and now they are in my oldest daughter room thinking maybe being in a bigger tank might help. They all have the changing of the colors on the toes his toes are a brown white now and hers are a white on the toes. Thank you guys for the advice. Here are my valcor my male and my female storm fly.

Attachments

• 20160318_205845_LLS.jpg
    20160318_205845_LLS.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 184
  • 20160318_205908_LLS.jpg
    20160318_205908_LLS.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 150
The color on the toes doesn't necessarily mean they are sexually mature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so maybe this fall we might try again with the pair

Ok just to let you guys know the drastic water change worked thank you guys for the help.:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back