Hello from texas!

Nyoom

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, I'm a reasonably experienced fish keeper from around Dallas. My sister is starting her very first tank, and one of her potential choices was an Axolotl. We decided shrimp would be a better choice, but the initial research reminded me of how much I wanted one when I first saw them in a biology textbook as a kid.

I have a fully cycled 40 breeder on the "shady side" of the house, so it stays pretty cool all year round. (Formerly the home of some goldfish that got an upgrade.) So I'm looking for some occupants!

I'll probably be pretty quiet on here, but I wanted to introduce myself anyway.

Hi there and welcome to the forum. :happy:
When you decide what you are getting please post pictures as we love to see them. :D

I was thinking a pair of axolotl. One golden and one white albino, one for me and one for the little sis. Of course we still have research to do, but we'll see about it in the coming weeks.

White albinos are probably a little harder to find, but they're out there. Welcome to the forum, and good luck!

Hello and welcome!

Always nice to see another from the DFW area!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back