Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What's on its head

Crystal701

Reaction score
I picked up two new axolotls yesterday and made sure all the water was correct before placing them in. I might just be going over protective but one of the axolotls I got is missing it's front right leg and it's head has these black small dots.

I was just wondering if I should worry about the dots or no

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 127

Crystal701

Reaction score
Here are the other two photos that didn't show for some reason

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 133

Axolotl1

Reaction score
Hi don't worry about its leg it will regrow over time and the black dots will most likely just be markings like how cats and dogs would have spots if black fur Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SammyTheLotus

Reaction score
I picked up two new axolotls yesterday and made sure all the water was correct before placing them in. I might just be going over protective but one of the axolotls I got is missing it's front right leg and it's head has these black small dots.

I was just wondering if I should worry about the dots or no

Don't worry! ? More than likely the little guy will grow their limb back completely fine, and the dots are just colour markings! If you google Axolotls with freckles lots of them have black or brown spotted markings on their faces and bodies.

Crystal701

Reaction score
Okay thanks guys. I'm just worried since I did have a axolotl from egg and it passed when it was 3 weeks old...

I never knew axolotls had freckles but now I know. Thanks again for the people who replied. :)

Donna001

Reaction score
Here is a picture of my other leucistic. He has darker markings than the other one.
Only albinos have no pigments, leucistics do, so can show dark markings (or not) on their body.

Attachments

• 2016-03-29 09.55.54.jpg
    2016-03-29 09.55.54.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 130
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!