Hello

Loz

Reaction score
Country
England
My name is Loz

I'd like to introduce myself to this site. I had Axolotls about 12 years ago but unfortunately they never lasted more than six months so I gave up as I knew that I did not have the experience I needed to keep then. Since then the internet now gives me all the information, reading and tips to get me to give it another go. I took so much from this site and once I felt I knew at least how to start up a tank and give them the best start I could, I started again. I have 5 two of which are golden two pink and one black. My pet shop hardly knew nothing about keeping them so I got them off of the daily bloodworm and straight onto worms which they take with gusto. I spend hours watching them and rush down every morning to make sure they're OK which they are. I'm so glad I found this site and am looking forward to chatting to you all

Thanks for having me here :)

Last edited:
Hi Loz and welcome to the forum. :happy:

Great to hear that you found the information on this site useful and that you have gone back to keeping axolotls.
I also spent a lot of time as a guest on this site before purchasing my first axis (juveniles, 1 wild type and 2 coppers) and now also have another 3 males (1 wild type and 2 leucistics) that matured over Easter.
Please post some pictures of new pets and keep us updated on their progress.
:D

Hello, I am New here, I enjoy to stay here. I learn many thing with this forum. Great Forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back