Pearl axel and kowhai

Cmw001

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
So I own 3 axolotls 1 who is about 8 years old and 2 juveniles they live happily all together. Is it normal for only 1 of them to really really acknowledge that I'm watching them (the youngest). The big black 1 we have had for 5 years he had 2 previous owners before my husband and I, he's rather chill and I know his Lil personality quite well now..I know he knows I'm his feeder lol We brought the other 2 axolotls about 9 months ago, the yellow 1 (Kowhai) is usually always by himself....and quite stropie if u try for his attention...also almost NEVER acknowledges anyone at the tank. The white 1 (Pearl) ALWAYS acknowledges my presence at the tank...will follow me up and down the tank side...stare at me...etc etc and is almost always right next to the big black 1 (Axel) lol is it possible the yellow 1 hates me :confused:

Attachments

• 20151106_144541.jpg
    20151106_144541.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 139
  • Pic-10181303b.jpg
    Pic-10181303b.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 102
It doesn't hate you, Axolotls only associate us with food. Perhaps that Axolotl just isn't as interested and needs more coaxing, it's nearly impossible to say.

Such fascinating things to watch, worst part about it is that the yellow 1 is the 1 who is most stunning to look at, just find it quite strange that he almost never acknowledges any presence at the tank. Unlike the other 2 axes this 1 doesn't seem to get at all the slightest bit excited when it's feeding time....when we 1st got him he had a mouth injury, no idea what had happened but it was sort of like a fat lip....it has healed but now I see he has trouble with the blood worm cubes....I have to slice his in half....and even still he has trouble getting it in his mouth...and is it normal....for the white 1 to go CRAZY whenever there is food...like so crazy it's like a bloody savage like it's never been fed in fact I've had to separate that 1 from the other 2 during feeding time...

Attachments

• Pic-10211305.jpg
    Pic-10211305.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Pic-10211305c.jpg
    Pic-10211305c.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 20151112_132815.jpg
    20151112_132815.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 99
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back