My hungry axo

saints78

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just a quick msg my friend put my new gold fish in my axo tank today while i went out for a for min and when i got back the gold fish was gone and there is only one answer where it has gone lol. the question is will my axo get ill from eating a 2inch fish or will it be ok and just not feed him for a few days now

I am assuming that your new goldfish has not survived the encounter. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I think that you may need to explain to your "friend" the responsibility of keeping pets, why it is dangerous to both animals to mix axolotls and fish and why the possible injury or death of either or both animals is no laughing matter.

yes the gold fish did not survive and explained to y friend why its not a good idea to put fish with axo

If someone touched one of my animals/fish/axolotl, and it resulted in it being eaten I'd be pissed. Sounds like a pleb. Inhumain and inconsiderate

You also want to be very careful considering axolotls can get diseases and parasites via fish. That's why they aren't a popular feeding choice-- you'd either have to breed your fish or buy multitudes of them to quarantine so you knew they weren't disease-ridden. So, I think from all of us, tell your friend super firmly to never do something so dumb again. This didn't have to happen to that fish, and I wouldn't want to see your axolotl get sick because of it either.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back