Tiger sal acting weird

Springlizard

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Springlizard
I have had my two barred tiger salamanders in a 40 gallon aquarium filled with dirt for about 3 months and had no problems with them.

however this past week one of my tiger salamanders has just been staying completely burried in the dirt ( usually I feed them daily )

I dug it out once and it ate fine , but I haven't seen it in 3 days

my question is this anything to be concerned about ? its just weird to me because the hole time I have had them they haven't stayed buried much

They are Probabyl stressed about something maybe the tank is too warm or the moisture is to low

Sounds like normal Tiger behaviour. I found that if I waited until it was dark, then lightly sprayed their tub, they would resurface to look for food. Could you add a photo of their set up so we can see :)

They are mole salamanders, the clue is in the name lol

Alright I'll take a pic.

And yea I expected them to burry themselves it's just strange in the 2 months I have had them they have always stayed on the surface to beg for food

If they are buried should I just let them go without eating ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back