Hello

Ruggedturf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! I own an axolotl named Aristotle. He is an adopted ex-lab animal, and I got him just a few days ago. My sister goes to a college, and one of the labs was getting rid of their axolotls, so I got permission to get one. Aristotle is weak, but I hope that he will get better with some TLC.​

Attachments

• 20160430_201025419_iOS.jpg
    20160430_201025419_iOS.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 20160430_201037866_iOS.jpg
    20160430_201037866_iOS.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 147
Hi there and welcome to the forum.:happy:
Aristotle looks lovely and I wish you the best of luck with getting him back to full fitness.
Please keep us updated with lots of pictures. :D

Do I post the update photos on here, or somewhere else?

You could always set up a thread in the axolotl general discussion area, or the gallery area, and keep us updated that way.

Okay, thanks. Just want to make sure I don't post anything in the wrong place. :happy:

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking care of him. I'm sure you'll find all the help you need here and hope you'll be able to give that guy a great life.

Hello! I own an axolotl named Aristotle. He is an adopted ex-lab animal, and I got him just a few days ago. My sister goes to a college, and one of the labs was getting rid of their axolotls, so I got permission to get one. Aristotle is weak, but I hope that he will get better with some TLC.​
I knew a man, called Aristotle
Kept a pet, and axolotl
Coloured green a sort of mottle, fed it from a baby’s bottle,
But the baby’s epiglottal couldn’t cope and made it throttle, poor demented Aristotle was heard to say, “oh dear! Oh what’ll happen to my axolotl with its epiglottal throttle?” Panic stricken Aristotle kicked the creature in the glottal which made the poor creature run into a corner and burst into tears.

I knew a man, called Aristotle
Kept a pet, and axolotl
Coloured green a sort of mottle, fed it from a baby’s bottle,
But the baby’s epiglottal couldn’t cope and made it throttle, poor demented Aristotle was heard to say, “oh dear! Oh what’ll happen to my axolotl with its epiglottal throttle?” Panic stricken Aristotle kicked the creature in the glottal which made the poor creature run into a corner and burst into tears.
What?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back