Interesting hatchling?

RupertxGiles

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Rupertxgiles
So our hatchlings are about 3 weeks old now , we have a nice mix of wilds, melanoids and goldens ! parents are wild/lucy . my question is about a unique looking baby. this is the 4th clutch we have raised and I think he is a pretty interesting little fella...wondering thoughts on morph? the coloring is goldenish, the gills goldenish as well but he clearly has a black tail. we did not produce any luecistic babies this batch so I am stumped. there was one other who was identical but it passed away.

Attachments

• 20160502_180319.jpg
    20160502_180319.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 214
  • 20160502_180310.jpg
    20160502_180310.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 176
It can only be a very interesting wildtype! Could even be a harlequin.

AW: Re: Interesting hatchling?

It can only be a very interesting wildtype! Could even be a harlequin.

could be ! after posting this i spoke to a very experience breeder in my state. apparently she has some adult gold/blacks... golden albinos with almost black tails . she said they looked like this as juvies. will be a waiting game!

AW: Interesting hatchling?

i meant to say goldens* , non albino apparently?

Hello RupertxGiles!

He looks lovely! Can't wait to see him as an adult.

What will you call him, though? I'd name him 'Dumbledore' (since it's an old word for 'Bumblebee,' and he looks a little like one).

AW: Re: Interesting hatchling?

thanks!! ill have to consider Dumbledore, as we are avid HP fans ! hehe. ill post pics as he/she grows!

What will you call him, though? I'd name him 'Dumbledore' (since it's an old word for 'Bumblebee,' and he looks a little like one).[/QUOTE]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back