Hi!

Trooper22

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm Sarah, and I recently got my first salamander, who we call Salamandario, because I'm not very creative with names :D. She is a female marbled salamander, and she is absolutely beautiful! I'm completely new to this hobby, and I joined because I'll probably need some help along the way.

Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum. :happy:
There is a lot of information available in the articles Caudata Culture Home Page
There are also a lot of very experienced keepers on the forum who will be more than happy to help.
If you can post a picture of Salamandario we would love to see her. :D

Hello Sarah, you have chosen the right place to get involved with. Although I am also new to actually posting here, I have been read tons of helpful posts from others for many years. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Here she is, in all of her wriggly glory! This was about three days after I got her, and she wasn't too fond of me holding her- the poor thing was terrified of me! After a while she got a lot friendlier though :D

Attachments

• IMG_7342.jpg
    IMG_7342.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_7344.jpg
    IMG_7344.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 104
Thanks for posting the pictures - Salamandario is adorable. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back