My Axolotl Flip

Biggybee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

I am the proud owner of 18 pond gold fish (all named after Minions) a Ghost Koi called Sheldon, two large Flatcoated Retrievers and their new legendary brother Flipper McFlipface who is an Axolotl (Flip for short).

I've only had him for a few weeks kand bought him only because I happened to see him an an aquatics shop. I went in for fish but left with Flip. He just looked at me with this: "come on.....you know you love me" expression and I just could not leave the little guy.

I can't believe how much I am enjoying having him around. He's just taken occupation in a brand new 64 liter tank with caves, fake jellyfish and a clamb shell for a food bowl. In less then 2 weeks I've thought him to eat from the bowl and my hand and this morning he sat on my hand without fear. Oddly he seems to enjoy getting his chin scratched! He comes out to look what is happening when people are in the lounge and he seems really social and smart.

Simply said, Flip is cutie!

Hi Biggybee and welcome to the forum. :happy:

I also keep fish and was distracted by axolotls. Flippy McFlipface sounds awesome, and chance you could post some pictures? We love to see what Flip looks like.
I've only been keeping axolotls for just over 2 months, but there are a lot of experienced keepers on this forum who are more than happy to help if and when you have any questions.

:D

image_zpsj8fncldm.jpeg

This is Flip. I was going to take another but he's decided to go for a snooze in his cave.

I can see why you had to leave the aquatics shop with Flip. Very cute. :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back