Question: Topfin dechlorinator?

FluffyHerper

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Gigi
I have been giving my baby salamanders half tap water (my tap water doesn't have chemicals only heavy metals) of a ph of 7 (does age deplete the quality of the test kit?:confused:) and half pond water with LOADS of daphnia. Is this alright? Also, I have been putting water conditioner in my tap water for the metals, it doesn't have aloe but it said it has "slime coat" or that it helps their slime coat or some thing and I know that should be avoided... the brand is topfin and these are the ingredients: Water, EDTA, PVP, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Thiosulfate, Glycerin. If there are any "bad" ingredients I will discontinue the use of this and buy prime (they didn't have it in stock last time:(). Can I use Poland spring water? I heard they use reverse osmosis so I didn't know what to think.
p.s. what do you guys use for substrate? I already read the article about substrate but there are alot of options.

Answer back so I know if I made a big mistake :eek:.
Thanks!!! :D
~Gigi

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back