Any tiger salamanders near me?

FluffyHerper

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Gigi
I want to know if there are any good sites or sellers near me that could ship tiger salamanders. if that's illegal then you better let me know.
~Gigi :D

well you didn't give your location so I can't really say but if you live near a city check if they have an animal or reptile expo

I went to one near Chicago last weekend and they were selling tiger and spotted salamanders for $20

another option is online purchase I bought my two tiger salamanders from backwater reptiles however I have seen a lot of mixed reviews about them. However I am very happy with them. the only downside was the $40 overnight shipping fee

Southern Maine and the Portland reptile expos is fairly close but last time I went there there were no salamanders but then again I was 10 (wow, memories) and I bought my ball python so I wasn't really looking for them.

I had similar trouble locating tigers near where I live. If you do not want to purchase one online, you could try Craigslist. I've had surprising luck finding tigers this way. Pet stores and aquarium stores, even the big chains, occasionally carry "water dogs." People buy them as a novelty, then don't really know what to do with them after they morph into salamanders. Then they end up on Craigslist. I have acquired 3 very nice animals this way.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back