Dead Axolotl

Sherrie

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had a 5 inch Axolotl she seemed fine and healthy I had to go out of town and it was only for one night and when I got back she was dead and bloated she also ate the night before I left any suggestions on why she died soooo sad:( here's a pic if what she looked like the night before

Attachments

• IMG_20160522_193035.jpg
    IMG_20160522_193035.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 402
Awe, I'm so sorry for your loss.. :(
Do you know if it was a water quality issue? Did she have any other tank mates that she might have had an issue with?

Her water quality was fine and had another tank mate who was perfectly fine

Something as sudden as that without affecting the tankmate can only be a congenital problem and there was nothing you could have done. I'm sorry for your loss.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back