Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Privyet, 大家好, Hello

TatiandBlanche

Reaction score
Greetings to all from Oz. My name is Tati and I have 2 axolotls, both male. Not many people in Australia sell these living fossils. I've always been fascinated by these wonderful creatures and first saw them in a Microsoft (think it was called encarta) encyclopaedia on a real old PC when I was very young.

Blanche (leucistic and has blue eyes) is very playful and likes to bounce and hover around. Noir is really quick and jumped out the tank while I wasn't careful one day. He went crawling around the carpet until I could pick him up and slip him back into the tank. I have products that restore their slime coating. Thanks for having me in the community. I bought my boys off the Australian version of Craigslist (gumtree) and the seller promised me a mating pair. I cannot have kids of my own so it's quite a shame that they cheated me :mad: Would love to connect with fellow Oz axolotl owners/breeders, I'd like to get in touch if there is an Oz community for axolotls. I'm not about to just inject hormones into my boys just to change their sex :S!

Right- now to see what are the best plants for growing with them..... ^_^

Donna001

Reaction score
Hi Tati and welcome to the forum. :happy:

It's a shame that you didn't get the breeding pair that you wanted. I hope that Blanche and Noir are still a lot of fun, even though they can't breed.

As for plants suitable for growing with them, this came up recently in the forum, and AxolotlChris linked to this, which has a list of plants suitable for cold water. It's the list I've used for buying plants for the tanks. I hope this helps.
Axolotl Sanctuary

Best of luck with your axolotls, and please keep us posted on your progress. If you have time to post a few pictures of Blanche and Noir we'd love to see them. :happy:

TatiandBlanche

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, Donna! Excuse the blurry photo but these are my boys hugging.

Attachments

• IMG_1827.jpg
    IMG_1827.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 109
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!