Question: My new axie seems stressed

Antonio p

Reaction score
Country
United States
My new axolotl Jose ( I've only had him about a day ) seems stressed his tail is curled . When I got him his tank mates had bitten off both his hands and one of his feet , is he still stressed from that or could he be stressed by something in the tank ? The water is about 67 degrees Fahrenheit please help
405ff8305650ded689dcd75bde845229.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just give him time, hes had a big day. If he still seems stressed after a couple of days, then I would worry about him.

Poor little fella. It's not uncommon for tank mates to have a nibble if things are a bit crowded, but with a good environment everything should regrow.
What are your water parameters - ammonia, nitrite, nitrate?
I have included a link to some information on axolotl health, the first part mentions stress an some of the causes, so I hope that it will be helpful. :happy:
Axolotls - Health & Diseases

Might just be the photo, but it looks like some cool markings on the little guy.

I am sure you already have it in there, but a nice dark cave for it to hide in for a little while will help as well.

It just needs to know it is not going to get picked on anymore, as it is with most of us who have had siblings, :tongue:.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back