Help me please - Has my axolotl fungus ??

Lucinka27

Reaction score
Country
Czech_Republic
Hello there,

Do you think my axolotl is sick ?

Thank you for help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 976
Another pict.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 816
Pls if somebody can help me :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 469
Hi there,

I've posted some information on your other thread, but now I have seen these pictures I'm guessing that you are worried about the slightly lighter parts of your axolotls gills. Is that correct?
It does not look like fungus. Fungus is usually a fluffy white mass, like cotton wool.
I will try to find some pictures to post.

Don't panic. It looks like it is just the colour of his gill filaments.

This link shows a picture of an axolotl with fungus on the gills.
Silly Axolotls

As you can see, it is very different from your axolotl.

As mentioned in the other thread, please post water parameters so we can check that everything is ok.

Looks in good condition, white patch may be a heat stress response but the pics not detailed enough. What's the temp ?

Thank you guys a lot :) we have temp between 18-21C we have 4 axolotls they look good but for sure .. Yeah I am scared about white marks cause you never know :)

Ph - 7.6
High range Ph - 7.8
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate -
We have neons and minnows with them ( for feeding ) :)

This one looks good I think :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 477
You're axolotls look in excellent condition so nothing's majorly wrong, 21c is outside the optimal range though, if you can drop it down a couple of degrees the heat stress may disappear. Some axolotls are just more susceptible to warm conditions, people are the same, my wife's in Crete basking like a lizard whilst I'm in the uk as hot weather makes me tired and sick.

Nice axolotls.
I am also having to keep a close eye on my tanks due to warm weather - who'd have thought it in the UK at this time of year. The link gives some tips on lowering tank temperature. I hope it helps.
Silly Axolotls
Best of luck and please keep us posted on your progress. :happy:

Hello Guys:) thank you so much for help :) I am from Czech Republic but we live in New Zealand now :) when is summer we put plastic frozen bottles in aquarium - this is for us best way how to fast cool water :)

Our lovely baby axolotl saying you : thx for help hehe ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,186
Our another baby :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 225
And last one :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 452
Thank you Donna :) me and my partner try to do maximum to keep them fit :) :love:

Hello Ian

My white axolotl doesnt want eat too much ..

White and brown have blisters do you think is good ? Try attach photo :) also white has pink tail he had always white :-/

We had them with minnows but they didnt eat them maybe they were scared.. We took minnows and waiting if it will be better.. We gave them frozen food but now I order earthworms and pellets so will see how is going later :)

Our water test is good and now we have 18-19C

What you think please about this?

Thank you for help :)

Lucy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 3,384
Tail of him

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 440
Male who doesnt want eat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,146
Second white axolotl

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 959
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back