Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi

Azrimic

Reaction score
Hi. My name is Jo, I'm 41 and from Southampton, England. I've been very interested in getting axolotls for quite a while now and am finally starting to take steps towards getting some.

I currently have a dog, cat, micro ferrets, horse and fish. I share my home with my partner (we're engaged to be married), my youngest son (about to turn 17) and my daughter who has recently moved home with her boyfriend.

I look forward to getting to know people here and learning more about axolotls before finally bringing some home in what will probably be a month or 2.

Donna001

Reaction score
Hi Jo and welcome to the forum. :happy:
Axolotls are amazing and addictive (I have 6). I'm fairly new as I have only had my gang for around 4 months, but the people on this forum are keepers and breeders who are very experienced and knowledgeable, and happy to help those of us who are still learning. :happy:

I was not far from you last month. I was near Worthing collecting some dwarf puffer fish that needed re-homing (I also keep fish), and en route I also visited another axolotl keeper from this forum.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to post them.

It would also be greatly appreciated if you post pictures of your new axolotls when you get them, because we love seeing pictures of other people's axies. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!