Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Agile, quick Spring Peeper metamorphs!

Bill B

Reaction score
Spring Peepers are in the Hylidae, which is the treefrog family... so I guess this goes here.

When I was at a pond yesterday, I hit it just right and found new Spring Peeper metamorphs right at the edge.

Does anyone keep Spring Peepers? They tend to be quick and agile, capable of long leaps. Typically when I keep metamorphs, they are in a Tupperware at an angle with holes in its cover. I open it to put in fruitflies, but the peepers tend to get out really fast! Any suggestions? Maybe this is stupid question.

Roughskinned

Reaction score
while i had terrible success with all the peepers I kept (could never figure out why) I found that keeping them in proportionately taller enclosures sometimes stopped them from getting a good angle to escape in one long jump. With that said they are incredible jumpers so always be wary.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!