Tank decoration

ekocak

Reaction score
Country
United States
Recently I started working on trying my hand at building my own tank decorations. Of course, for the axolotl tank I had to make the Aztec god Xolotl. This was done with Sculpey polymer clay, which is chemically inert after curing. The tank itself is still something of a work in progress.

Attachments

• CmVKoPpUIAACr_t.jpg-large.jpg
    CmVKoPpUIAACr_t.jpg-large.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 462
  • CmSBfSDWcAAV-Ty.jpg-large.jpg
    CmSBfSDWcAAV-Ty.jpg-large.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 245
Thanks! I'm hoping to turn my 75 gallon Into a sunken Aztec temple sort of thing.

Looks good! Only thing I might suggest is with that many river rocks it may be hard to vacuum the poo if it's falling in between them. But I haven't had a tank with that many rocks so I could be mistaken. Good luck!

Looks good! Only thing I might suggest is with that many river rocks it may be hard to vacuum the poo if it's falling in between them. But I haven't had a tank with that many rocks so I could be mistaken. Good luck!

That is a legitimate concern. I tried to place them so there was a lot of sand filling any gaps between them, but if it starts to trap waste or I notice a water parameter spike I'll take more of them out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back