Adding a new axolotl

HappyA

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I recently got a melanoid axolotl, and it's a slighty bgger than my albino axolotl. I've seen some forums that mentioned that an axolotl may eat another axolotl based on their sizes, and I just wanted to make sure if it's okay having these two together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 147
Small axolotls are prone to biting each other regardless of size, I would nt mix those two, size difference isn't just about length it's also about body mass, the black one is twice the size of the other in that aspect

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back