Please help i dont know whats going on! bloated axolotl!!

JadeAnnette

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
AxieDaxie
So over the past week or so ive noticed that my little one George has started to get quite a large stomach. i have two axies (yella & george) im still not sure if theyre old enough to be able to tell if they are male and female and if they are im still not sure what they are but im stressing out because yella looks like his losing weight and george looks like hes putting it on! they both get fed the same amount and my main consern is that ive resently lost a molly that looked like it was swelling in the belling whilst the other has lost a massive amount of weight! could they be related??? or could george be a girl and be pregnant?? yella and george were kinda nudging around the tank being cute together the other week?? but if george is pregnant my biggest consern is that shes not old enough!! ???? please people dont just read and move on please help! :( they still seem happy and healthy but i dont want anything to go wrong with them :confused:

Attachments

• 20160725_200524.jpg
    20160725_200524.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 292
  • 20160729_153752.jpg
    20160729_153752.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 20160725_200516.jpg
    20160725_200516.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 20160729_154313.jpg
    20160729_154313.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 113
Those pictures are far too dark and blurry to see anything - can you get some better ones?
When you say you had a sick molly was it in your axie tank?
Axies don't get pregnant, they lay eggs within a day of being fertilised, but if your axies aren't fully grown it's unlikely they are producing eggs.

Those pictures are far too dark and blurry to see anything - can you get some better ones?
When you say you had a sick molly was it in your axie tank?
Axies don't get pregnant, they lay eggs within a day of being fertilised, but if your axies aren't fully grown it's unlikely they are producing eggs.

ill try! yeah it was. i thought it was pregnant, i also have a couple of guppies in there as live food and have had a few pregnant ones and the mollie was doing all the same things as them and was heaps big but i woke up one morning and she was pushed up in a terracotta pot dead :(

this is so hard!! George doesn't like photos :/

Attachments

• 20160730_105547.jpg
    20160730_105547.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 116
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back