Food Smells and Tank Placement

tach

Reaction score
Country
European Union
Hi,

I'm interested to know what are people's experiences with the placement of their tanks and enclosures.

Lately I've been worried about whether smells from the house such as food smells from cooking affect the health of my amphibians. They are placed in their own room and I vent as much as possible but whenever I cook I can notice a subtle scent of whatever food I boiled/fried/etc in their room.

Has anyone had issues with this before? Not sure if I may be worrying too much.

Thanks!

I've wondered the same thing in the past, but having had tanks in almost every room including the kitchen at some point, and I do plenty of smelly cooking, I don't think it's ever caused a problem. I'd be more concerned about temperature fluctuations in a small kitchen, especially elevated temps in summer than the odours.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back