Hola, aspiring axolotl mom here.

DevinKay

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, my name is Devin. :happy: I'm a college student residing in north east Ohio. I've recently acquired a receptionist position at a very nice, private hotel. It's a lot of sitting at a desk for hours on end, which I've spent reading through the various forums offered here. :lol:

I've been fascinated with axies ever since I was introduced to them years ago. I finally have the financial stability to care for myself and a new little friend. Therefore, I'm currently in the process of setting up a used tank that I remodeled. I'll try to find some before & after pictures to post of it below.

Due to conflicting reports on the internet, I'm very grateful to have found such a beneficial site, dedicated to the proper care of amphibians. I know that I will more thank likely be able to find an answer to any question I have here. And if not, I can get real time answers. I love this concept and I'm happy to become a member of it. :D

Here is a before and sort of after.
Ugly oak to a galaxy. Axolotls remind me of little aliens, so that was the theme I was going for. :ufo: :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 2.png
    2.png
    432.3 KB · Views: 113
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back