Is this normal or is it bloat?

Holly12

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Is my little guy bloated? I've had him for 3 days and he's pooped twice. But, when I got him he was scrawny and now he has a booda belly!! He's been eating frozen blood worms, frozen mysis shrimp, newt/salamander pellets and chopped live phoenix worms. He has also been taking in sand then spitting it out. His insides are red and black.....I guess that's just the colour his innards are? He swims all over the place, but I wonder if this is the start of bloat?

20160811_201310_zpskmaftws7.jpg

20160811_201329_zpsk66pc3jd.jpg

He looks perfectly fine , that's what my axolotl belly looks like when they are fat and happy with the food I gave them ;)

He looks perfectly fine , that's what my axolotl belly looks like when they are fat and happy with the food I gave them ;)

Awesome, thanks!!! It's my first axie, so this is all new.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back