Greetings from sunny sussex.

dogstar64

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I've long been fascinated by and attracted to axolotls but never had the funds or equipment to keep them properly. However, upon the death of my green spotted puffer (RIP Cheeky Pete the P****d off puffer) I now have a 4 foot tank perfect for me to join in with the experience of keeping these fascinating and comical creatures.

Hello there and welcome to the forum. :happy:

Sorry to hear about Cheeky Pete (I keep dwarf puffers) and welcome to the wonderful world of axolotls. There are a lot of very experienced keepers and breeders on this forum, so there is always a lot of knowledge and advice available. :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back