Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Healing gills, bubbler needed?

frootbats

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My axie Chimi is finally done with his salt baths and i moved him back into his tank today (hooray!) He's eating well and is acting more normal. However, his gills are still small (but growing more plumage). Hes fluffing them a lot- is this because hes not getting enough oxygen? Ive got a bubbler for his tank but didnt turn it on much before because he seemed to avoid it and the bubbles. Should i consider switching it on a low setting for him?

Holly12

Reaction score
Bubbles don't normally bother them. Maybe put it closer to the top of the water so it's out of his way? (If it's an air stone with a suction cup.)

Gill flicking is a way to pass oxygen over the gills. Mine does it too while he sits around.

tipnatee

Reaction score
You should try tea bath to sooth his gill and skin. Bubblur would help him I know mine does after gill lost you can see the different . Oxygen in water help gill to speed the healing . My axie love bubble cause they use it like an elevator to the surface

Holly12

Reaction score
You should try tea bath to sooth his gill and skin. Bubblur would help him I know mine does after gill lost you can see the different . Oxygen in water help gill to speed the healing . My axie love bubble cause they use it like an elevator to the surface

You need to film and post that!!! Lol!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!