Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

White Slime in Tank - how can I keep it AWAY?

mackenzie1115

Reaction score
So about a week ago one of my guys' tank clouded up all of a sudden and I ended up finding white slime looking stuff on the walls of his tank/on his hides. I took him out, scrubbed the tank, rinsed the ornaments, changed the water 20%, let it filter and by the next night is was almost 100% back to normal, no sign of the white slime. I put the axies back in their tanks and now (almost a week later) I can see more slime.

My water parameters are all good so what could be causing this and why is it coming back?
Super frustrating, mostly because apparently I don't know how to take care of the problem, when I thought it was taken care of. I don't want my axies to have to live in that, so I want to try to prevent it from happening again.

I will probably be taking them out, scrubbing the tanks and letting it filter out, once again.

This stuff is white/clear, goopy, and stringy when you touch it.
Thanks in advance!

auntiejude

Reaction score
What conditioner are you using? If you're using one with aloe in that can cause slime.

mackenzie1115

Reaction score
What conditioner are you using? If you're using one with aloe in that can cause slime.

I use the AquaSafe for Reptiles and Amphibians.. It doesn't say anything about aloe in the Principal Ingredients, but I'm not 100% sure. I had never heard of aloe causing the slime, so that's good to know.

mackenzie1115

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_8127.jpg
    IMG_8127.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 368
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!