Pellet Problems

Holly12

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ok. Stelly no longer eats his Salamander/Newt Pellets, or his bug bite granules or even the carnivore pellet sample that I got at the store - I forget the name......but they feed their carnivores that pellet....possibly Northfin?

Ed's Fly Meat will not ship to Canada and I can't find any other soft, sinking salmon pellets.

Do I stop feeding him all, live and frozen foods and only offer the pellets until he's hungry enough to eat them?

I want him to be health, but he just won't eat them. He literally spits them out.

Are the Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pellets any good? How long do I withave hold live/frozen food for?

Someone else made a post about Kensington Fish earthworm pellets.... maybe those would be a good pellet?

You could always try buying axolotl pellets. If your axolotl is at least 6 inches than I would recommend feeding him black worms or earth worms.

I found some axie pellets on ebay so I'm going to give them a shot. He's a hunker and is 4-5 months old but is eating earthworms, krill, blood worms and mysis shrimp.

Just to follow up, Whitey has taken well to the earthworm sticks from Ken's Fish. Still no answer from them about the nutritional value long term for axies, but I have still to find a local earthworm supplier here in Hawaii.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome! I'm glad he likes them!!! I found the Rangen brand Axie pellets that scientists feed their axies in labs. They are soft salmon pellets. Found them on ebay. They just arrived today. I gave him one and he snatched it out of the tongs and then chewed on it for a while. Little bits ended up getting spat out but I think he ate the bulk of it. I will put some in his bowl tomorrow.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back