Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Here!

Lauren123

Reaction score
Hey everyone, let me know if i've posted in the wrong area as i'm a newbie to this. :happy:

My names Lauren, I am the proud owner of one Spanish ribbed newt (Godzilla) and my two juvenile Chinese Fire Belly newts (Nessie & Clide). I've been 'stalking' this site for a good 6 months now, as to check my babies are okay... And i've finally managed to work up the courage to post! :proud:

I wanted to show my babies off so here they are! (I don't think i have many of my little two but i'll try to find some)

Godzilla is a year and a half years old, almost 9 inches! Currently living on his own. He's feisty and boisterous and loves hiding in his log or in the plants.

Nessie and Clide are brother and sister, they're around 8-9 months old and 4-5cm. Theyre housed together on wet paper towels, with half of a plastic flower pot (edges have been sanded down) and a rock to also hide in/ climb on with a small water bowl. If the photo of the CFB works, then you'll see how much he loves his plant pot haha. Clide loves to hide underneath the flowerpot edge.

Thanks for reading guys.

Attachments

• 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 156
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 121
  • 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 148

AuSu

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Nice that you put pics, too (though i'll have to check them out later as my phone shows them so small I'd need a magnifying glass :D )! I have cfn too, and jfn + swordtails. They are great!
Auli

Repticake

Reaction score
Aww how cute. They make me miss my firebellies. I did a no-no(i didn't know then) and had 2 fire bellies living in the same aquarium with an axolotl. They were fine for a year and a half then one day the Axie decided to eat them. I freaked out because the newts can be toxic and i thought i lost everyone but that was 6 months or so ago and she is still fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!