Has anyone used this sand?

beans

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm wanting white sand for my tank, i've been looking at the caribsea moonlight sand but can only find CaribSea Instant Aquarium Moonlight Sand so it has bacteria in it etc

The Instant AquariumTM line offers a variety of finer grade natural gravels and sands water packed with living, water-purifying bacteria, state of the art clarifier, and a complete water conditioner. Tap water is all you need to get started. Instant AquariumTM immediately begins the cycling process, eliminating new tank syndrome, and discouraging nuisance algaes. Instant AquariumTM detoxifies metals, eliminates ammonia, neutralizes chlorine and chloramines, and provides a protective slime coat for stressed fish. Instant AquariumTM also reduces nitrates and nitrites. Starting a new aquarium has never been easier.

Beautiful and functional substrate for freshwater aquariums
Sand and gravel packed with water containing beneficial bacteria
"Live" substrate conditions and cycles newly setup aquariums

just wondering if it would be alright for my axolotl (i havent got him yet so it will be a new tank started from scratch and cycled before i get him)

I'm wanting white sand for my tank, i've been looking at the caribsea moonlight sand but can only find CaribSea Instant Aquarium Moonlight Sand so it has bacteria in it etc

The Instant AquariumTM line offers a variety of finer grade natural gravels and sands water packed with living, water-purifying bacteria, state of the art clarifier, and a complete water conditioner. Tap water is all you need to get started. Instant AquariumTM immediately begins the cycling process, eliminating new tank syndrome, and discouraging nuisance algaes. Instant AquariumTM detoxifies metals, eliminates ammonia, neutralizes chlorine and chloramines, and provides a protective slime coat for stressed fish. Instant AquariumTM also reduces nitrates and nitrites. Starting a new aquarium has never been easier.

Beautiful and functional substrate for freshwater aquariums

Sand and gravel packed with water containing beneficial bacteria

"Live" substrate conditions and cycles newly setup aquariums

just wondering if it would be alright for my axolotl (i havent got him yet so it will be a new tank started from scratch and cycled before i get him)

I have used this sand in a previous tank and I loved it! It was fine enough for him to pass easily when he would suck it up and very easy to clean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back